Tonight I got fed up of Firefox 3.5.x eating up CPU cycles and not being responsive…. So I decided to google that to see what other have experienced and tried.
After uninstalling Flash (just to be sure as it seems it was not guilty this time 🙂 ), I tried looking for thing in the configuration.
You type in the URL address bar: "about:config" (without quotes). Confirm that you’re going to be careful.
The setting I disabled (and didn’t even have to re-start to notice better response times was:
It is now set to false, as I don’t care about java on my browser.
I do use Eclipse while programming, so Java is still installed on my computer.
Let me know if that helps you.